August 20, 2019
Version 1.5.0 of the HTML5 Player SDK for Browsers is available now!
The following new features have been introduced in this release.
- ConnectedTVs support on LG and Samsung
- Widevine Verified Media Path Support
The following bugs have been fixed in this release.
- Seeking in live does not always seek to the right point on the seek bar
- Seeking in number-based live manifests
- Standalone CSS missing volume slider blob icon
- Standalone CSS missing remaining time element when playing VOD
- Companion adverts are not removed when zapping to a non-advert stream
- Companion Ads IMA is muted by default
- DRM preference on connected TVs is not playing Widevine for SSM server/streams
- Widevine playback not working on some connected TVs
- Some Widevine streams not playing on LG TV
There are no other changes in this release.
The following known issues have been identified in this release.
- Subtitles do not display after performing seek in Live
- PiP encrypted video not displayed after PiP window dismissed and re-created on Edge
- DASH JS v2.9.2 low latency macro blocking due to segment caching
- Player stalls on pressing play after exhausting buffer when paused
- Frozen picture during live long playback on 60 seconds DVR window live stream
- SMPTE-TT TXT Subtitles not working