Cookies and website tracking
These technologies record information about your use of our websites, including:
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the internet, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the language version of the sites you are visiting.
- Usage data, such as time spent on the sites, pages visited, links clicked, language preferences, and the pages that led or referred you to our sites.
Information on Cookie Use
A cookie is a small text file placed on your computer, to help us analyze how you use our websites. When you visit the website again, the cookie enables the website to recognize your browser and deliver an improved user experience (saving time or retrieving pieces of information for a customized experience).
We use first-party cookies (set by us) and third-party cookies (set by our marketing and analytics partners) that enable features such as advertising, interactive content and analytics to be provided.
The types of cookies we use are:
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our websites, subscription services and mobile apps and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our websites, subscription services and mobile apps but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites, subscription services and mobile apps are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our websites for you.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our websites, subscription services or mobile apps through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
How You Can Control Cookies
You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.youronlinechoices.com
If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our websites. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our websites.
Do Not Track Signals
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to do not track signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.